Rate – $28 – $30 per hour | 12 month contract with potential to renew | Part-Time 20hr per week
Anticipated Start Date:
Early/Mid-March (which can be adjusted if needed)
ODLAN is a non-profit organization that works to remove the digital literacy and access barriers 2SLGBTQIA+ organizations and community members face in Canada. We do this by hosting a resource portal, creating educational materials, offering digital inclusion coaching, and conducting original research.
ODLAN is engaging in a capacity-building and operational development project focused on digital inclusion, safety, and access. This project will strengthen our ability to support 2SLGBTQIA+ community organizations and allies’ with enhancing their digital practices. The ideal candidate is passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion, especially in relation to combatting digital access barriers.
The project coordinator will report to the project manager.
- Support the development and implementation of strategic plans and operational frameworks.
- Contribute to the identification of operational challenges and opportunities for improvement.
- Assist in the development of performance metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to evaluate project success.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and team to establish clear goals and objectives.
- Maintain excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Facilitate communication between different team members, stakeholders, and project managers.
- Facilitate meetings with the Community Advisory Council.
- Schedule and coordinate regular meetings to discuss project status, next steps, and any potential issues.
- Maintain clean records of documentation, including project reports and other relevant records.
- Work with the project manager to establish a work plan to track and monitor the progress of each aspect of the project.
- Assist in monitoring the budgetary requirements of the project.
- Report on budgetary issues to the project manager and collaborate on potential solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Cultivate positive relationship with community members, organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Address stakeholder concerns and manage their expectations effectively.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and requirements. The successful candidate may be required to perform additional duties as assigned by the project manager.
- Minimum 1 year of experience project coordinator experience.
- Experience coordinating projects including developing work plans, tracking project finances, and other administrative tasks.
- Experience in facilitation of meetings and networks, including hosting meetings, development of meeting minutes, and managing diverse perspectives and experiences in meeting spaces.
- Deep understanding of and commitment to anti-oppression and anti-racism.
- Strong understanding of barriers that 2SLGBTQIA+ folks face in accessing online resources and services, gained through lived experience, formal or informal education, work experience, and/or volunteer experience.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a remote work environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Publisher.
- Demonstrated commitment to 2SLGBTQIA+ activism, organizing, and/or community building, broadly conceived. Preference will be given to applicants who’ve integrated anti-racist, decolonial, disability justice, and/or intergenerational perspectives into this work.
This position is home-based/remote. No relocation is required. ODLAN provides contractors with flexible work schedules, allowing them to determine their own hours as long as they have some availability between 9 AM and 5 PM (EST) for team meetings and collaborative work sessions. Applicants must have a workspace that protects the privacy of work-related activities including meetings held via Zoom. Use of personal computer and reliable internet access are also required, the cost of which will not be reimbursed by ODLAN.
Selected applicants will be invited for an online interview. Interviews will be scheduled late February / Early March. After the interview, we may ask you to provide us with two references. We will inform all applicants about the status of their applications by February 26, 2024.
ODLAN is dedicated to employment equity and encourages applications from individuals who are 2-Spirit, Indigenous, IndigiQueer, Black, racialized queer and trans people, as well as qualified candidates with disabilities who are neuro-diverse or new to Canada. Self-identification by candidates is voluntary. All candidates must be permitted to work in Canada.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any accommodations.
Please send a cover letter and resume by email to the hiring committee at email@example.com with the subject “Project Coordinator Application.” You’re also welcome to contact us with any questions about the position or application process.